Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 05-22-2013, 02:06 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- May 2013
- Rep Power
Is it possible to add a thread for just a JPanel?
I basically have a Panel that I need to repaint a bunch of times inside of a method. However, the panel freezes (becomes unresponsive) for the duration of that method. I need a way to separate the GUI from that method so that I can repaint the GUI during that method without interference.
- 05-22-2013, 07:42 AM #2
Re: Is it possible to add a thread for just a JPanel?
Lesson: Concurrency in Swing (The Java™ Tutorials > Creating a GUI With JFC/Swing)
And since this issue is more specific to Swing than to Threads and Synchronization, I shall move this thread.
dbIf you're forever cleaning cobwebs, it's time to get rid of the spiders.
- By nedsana in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2013, 10:21 PM
- By bikashlama in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 7Last Post: 12-09-2011, 04:47 AM
- By Reskaillev in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 09-07-2011, 12:24 AM
- By Zambash in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 7Last Post: 08-25-2011, 05:33 PM
- By k2k in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 3Last Post: 04-21-2009, 12:31 AM