Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 06-01-2012, 07:52 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- Rep Power
Private messages module in a chat application
I am finishing a Java application that consists of a program that connects to an IRC room in order to chat with other users... I am using a Jtextpane to process and show the lines sent and received to and from the server... it is really easy to get the private messages in that same jtextpane, but I want it to be a little bit more private, I am using netbeans and I designed a jframe to receive the privates and send responses to an specific user...
The problem is that I don't know how to get the program to process the lines from the same user and send them to the private messages class that corresponds to that user...
Basically I need someway to identify the class that was created so the program sends the line there and not to other one...
Someone said: Use a hashmap, is that what I need?
- By eLancaster in forum NetworkingReplies: 7Last Post: 06-22-2011, 06:12 PM
- By Vortexnl in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 02-05-2011, 10:21 PM
- By michail in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 05-11-2010, 11:24 AM
- By PortalTeam in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 9Last Post: 02-19-2010, 11:49 PM
- By Ernie- in forum NetworkingReplies: 7Last Post: 03-28-2009, 07:20 PM