Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 04-30-2012, 04:10 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- Rep Power
swing or awt display text with characters above 0xfffe
Can someone provide example of how to display characters with code points above 0xfffe? I've set a font for a JTextArea, and the font has high characters (it works in a web browser). I assemble a String to have a high character, such as 0x10400, and it occupies 2 character positions in the String, but when I add it to the text area it gets truncated (apparently) and displays the character for 0x0400. Any ideas?
Also, does anyone know if Swing should be able to support all UTF-8 characters (all 17 planes) if you have an appropriate font for the requested character?
Re: swing or awt display text with characters above 0xfffe
Java expects all chars to use unicode encoding. You may have to convert your text to this if it does not comply: Converting Non-Unicode Text
- By Dreaming in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 10-17-2011, 06:11 AM
- By dany_future in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 0Last Post: 04-22-2011, 03:01 PM
- By blkshrk81 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-01-2010, 07:35 PM
- By Basit781 in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 1Last Post: 05-31-2010, 08:46 AM
- By sayan751 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 1Last Post: 03-03-2009, 04:23 PM