Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Play A Video in JFrame
- 03-23-2012, 09:03 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- Rep Power
Play A Video in JFrame
Hey everyone, I recently decided to make a text adventure for a Sci-Fi General Elective final project. To introduce the player (my teacher) to the plot, I wanted to create a short video rather than have him read a few paragraphs of text. The issue is, I can't figure out how to play the video in Java. Most of the links google brought me to all discussed how to create an actual media player. All I want is to simply have about a 1 minute video (format doesn't matter I can always convert to the easiest format to use) play in JFrame before the player is brought to the "main menu".
- 03-26-2012, 12:25 PM #2
Re: Play A Video in JFrame
JavaFX has the capability to show video, but supports only a few specific formats'codecs.
Incorporating Media Assets Into JavaFX Applications: About This Tutorial | JavaFX 2.0 Tutorials and Documentation
If you go that route and have a question, please post in the Java FX forum.
dbWhy do they call it rush hour when nothing moves? - Robin Williams
- By 200808147 in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 07-10-2011, 12:20 PM
- By Swankee in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 10-12-2009, 08:38 PM
- By Hasan in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 11Last Post: 04-26-2009, 11:57 PM
- By arvind in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 0Last Post: 04-15-2009, 09:19 AM
- By luisarca in forum Sun Java Wireless ToolkitReplies: 2Last Post: 05-23-2007, 10:52 AM