Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 03-22-2012, 12:18 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2010
- Rep Power
JFormattedTextField, Document Filter, Document Listener
He everyone I have been looking around for a long time to answer this quesiton.
I have looked at a lot of website and fourms , the API and Oracle tutorials but still to no avail
My question is :
I'm looking for a way to change something that is entered into a textfield
in a lot of point of sale terminals when you enter an amount of cash it places the . for you.
i also want to do this
i want it start in the text field as 0.00
if the user enters 7 it will become 0.07
if the use next enters 6 it will become 0.76
the if they next enter 3 it will become 7.63
and so on and so forth
any help or coding on this would be very helpful it is the last piece of the puzzle for my piece of software
Thank you in advance
- 03-22-2012, 12:48 AM #2
Re: JFormattedTextField, Document Filter, Document Listener
Moved from New to Java.
Might be possible with a DocumentFilter and some fancy coding. Take a try and post your best efforts, in the form of a SSCCE (Short, Self Contained, Compilable and Executable) example.
dbIf you're forever cleaning cobwebs, it's time to get rid of the spiders.
- By sudheer.v47 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 05-09-2014, 09:26 AM
- By nimishalex in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 12-27-2010, 02:08 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 01-03-2008, 10:22 AM
- By nick211001 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-29-2007, 01:53 AM
- By Jack in forum XMLReplies: 2Last Post: 07-04-2007, 09:21 AM