Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Components sliding in view
- 03-14-2012, 12:08 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Rep Power
Components sliding in view
I am currently designing a game in java and while working on the GUI I got the idea of using some sort of sliding components. The idea is that there would be a few little arrows at the side of the screen, which, when clicked (or hovered over) would slide a little dialog in view at that location. These dialogs will probably have varying components, I'm thinking about a menu to equip your character, an options menu for different game settings, etc.
The only thing I can think of is handling this entirely through an animated image, but I was guessing this would put quite some stress on the repaint loop of the game image itself..
Would there be any other way of creating these sliding components?
- 03-14-2012, 01:17 PM #2
Re: Components sliding in view
Can't you just change their location in a Timer?
The book Filthy Rich Clients talks about this, and I believe it even provides a framework for generating these types of animations. It might be worth checking out: Filthy Rich Clients
- By mDennis10 in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 08-13-2011, 09:29 PM
- By indra00 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 8Last Post: 07-12-2010, 04:18 PM
- By sm123 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-12-2010, 03:12 AM
- By lse123 in forum NetBeansReplies: 0Last Post: 02-28-2010, 09:09 PM
- By xcallmejudasx in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 10-24-2008, 09:24 PM