Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Dialog box changes size
- 01-02-2012, 07:46 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
- Rep Power
Dialog box changes size
I have a problem with dialog box that changes size when I use the application in Windows 7.
I have written a code in which an action handler is invoked when I click on a Menu button. This will launch a dialog box/window with Text, Text fields and combo boxes. The size of the dialog box seems fine when I run the application in Windows XP, but when I run it on Windows 7, the size is increased and the fields in it(Text, Text fields, combo boxes etc) tend to overlap creating a mess.
Please help me as to how do I maintain the size across platforms.
Re: Dialog box changes size
If you are using Swing then the solution is to use flexible layout managers when designing your GUI. If you are not very familiar with the different layout managers available in core Java, I encourage you to read the tutorials on this subject which you can find here: Lesson: Laying Out Components Within a Container. If any of the tutorial confuses you, then please come on back with any and all questions that you may have, and let's see if we can help you make sense of it.
- By pfeldman in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 3Last Post: 12-02-2011, 12:09 AM
- By Yoruichi in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 5Last Post: 04-22-2009, 05:37 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 01-09-2008, 01:01 PM
- By uncopywritable in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 07-30-2007, 01:42 PM