Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 11-10-2011, 12:51 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Rep Power
JMF: Trying to detect webcam..help!
Hello, first of all sorry if this is in the wrong forum, this is the closest thing I could find!
I'm trying to detect my webcam using JMF (using ubuntu). The webcam is a Microsoft lifecam.
I've downloaded the cross-platform JMF thing from the oracle site however when I try and detect capture devices using jmfregistry I only get some weird audio device. Numerous test programs also confirm my webcam is not being read.
My webcam is read by cheese (an ubuntu webcam program) so surely JMF should be able to too?
Having a bit of a crisis as I bought this webcam specifically for this project, If I can't read it through JMF it would be a bit of a bummer.
Has anyone got any ideas? Do you need more information?
- By Shurukan in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-18-2011, 12:01 PM
- By hkpn in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 09-20-2011, 03:45 PM
- By dariusgeo in forum Java AppletsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-02-2011, 05:48 AM
- By jonsamwell in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2008, 05:17 PM
- By JavaBean in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 10-31-2007, 06:25 PM