Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 11-06-2011, 02:14 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
Creating a custom font for use in Java?
For awhile i've been researching how to create fonts, i've come across mostly tutorials on creating TrueType fonts which to my understanding are simply black and white basic styled letters, no bevel, no drop shadow, no possible style except bold, italic and various other simple styles.
What if I wanted to create a font like this? I created this in Photoshop but i'd like to have a font that can have similar styled letters. Each letter has a faint inner shadow and a white drop shadow of one pixel in size and a one pixel distance.
So far i've simply created images with the text I want to display but i'd like to display text in my application that doesn't have to be static and can be changed but use this style.
So my question is, is there a way to create a font either from pictures of each letter or by some other means that looks like the above font?
Thank you for your help :)
- 11-08-2011, 05:11 AM #2
Re: Creating a custom font for use in Java?
Not in AWT/Swing, but JavaFX 2.0 does have DropShadow and InnerShadow effects, among others.
Creating Visual Effects in JavaFX: Creating a Drop Shadow | JavaFX 2.0 Tutorials and Documentation
Creating Visual Effects in JavaFX: Creating an Inner Shadow | JavaFX 2.0 Tutorials and Documentation
dbIf you're forever cleaning cobwebs, it's time to get rid of the spiders.
- By victorqedu in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 22Last Post: 08-31-2011, 02:25 PM
- By xterradaniel in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 4Last Post: 10-03-2010, 08:40 PM
- By sherazam in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2010, 10:31 AM
- By coltragon in forum New To JavaReplies: 11Last Post: 12-29-2009, 11:50 PM
- By Nerdopolis in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 04-18-2009, 03:50 AM