Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 08-19-2011, 09:46 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
- Rep Power
Noob question: How to make smooth window changes?
I'm a starter in Java Swing and I have over 5 years of experience in Java. Today I was trying to write a Java Swing GUI witch has to have multiple screens. I mean, like when you are going through a form, witch has many steps. I coded 5 different screens into separate JFrames using NetBeans and finally I created a main class, witch was calling them one by one using ActionEvents, etc.
The problem I have is that when I change from one screen to another I "dispose()" the first screen and then I create the new one, and the transition looks awful. It seems like the first screen closes and then the second screen pops up. I wanted to make it like only the contents of the Frame are changing but I couldn't find a good way to do it.
Can anyone, please, tell me some hints or somewhere to look?
Thx in advance.
- 08-19-2011, 09:55 PM #2
- By bpx95 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 05-16-2011, 02:44 AM
- By x2robbie2x in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 02-18-2010, 05:58 AM
- By dudejonne in forum Java AppletsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-20-2009, 11:51 PM
- By Insaeno in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 08-04-2008, 04:20 AM
- By mattonitto in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 06-13-2008, 01:26 AM