Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 05-10-2011, 06:34 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- May 2011
- Rep Power
Simple text printing with pagebreaks
I have a report displayed in a GUI application as a simple text within JTextComponent.
My goal is to print it but with page breaks at certain points.
I have inserted \f at those places, however when I print page breaks are ignored and I get a weird character printed in those places where \f was and the rest of the text is just printed out without page breaks.
One thing I v noticed is that if I output the report to a file and open it with MS Word page breaks are recognised and report is displayed correctly. However, if I try to open it with notepad page breaks are not recognised.
I have tried converting the text to RTF but the \f character was still ignored.
I would really appreciate if anyone shares their experience with something similar and how did you solve it? :)
- By UJJAL DHAR in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
- By amitcs1001 in forum NetBeansReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-2009, 03:17 AM
- By vivekn in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2009, 09:05 AM
- By Nicholas Jordan in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 12-01-2008, 02:42 AM
- By Java Tip in forum SWTReplies: 0Last Post: 07-11-2008, 05:41 PM