Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 01-27-2011, 07:49 AM #1
Warning: Java component download site infected with malware
- A Google search for 'swing sliding panel' gave this as the first result: OutlookBar SlidePane*«*Swing*«*Java Products
- The page contains links to SyGem Software products
- On clicking a SyGem link, Avira flagged a virus but the computer was infected. I suspect multiple malware and that the infection resulted from a virus/adware that went undetected by Avira
- The symptoms observed are regular popping up of the default browser with advertising pages, and corruption of Windows7 desktop gadgets, with the clock showing as a black square with a second hand pointing straight up
- Downloaded and installed Ad-Aware, which flagged and removed 10 malware objects. During the scan it halted the process zrr.exe several times.
- With guidance from various Microsoft and third party help/support sites I removed the registry folder
- This solved the problem as far as the gadgets are concerned. I'll watch for a few days before I can be sure that all problems are solved
This is being multiposted on the Java in General forum and cross posted to other Java forums.
Last edited by DarrylBurke; 01-27-2011 at 07:52 AM.
- 01-28-2011, 12:11 PM #2
I have received the following email from info[at]java2s.com in response to my mail alerting them to the issue.
Thanks for your alert. Totally 11 entries from Sygem have been removed and the site is updated. Please check.
Thanks again for your time and kindness
- By javadan in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-27-2011, 01:08 AM
- By amritpalpathak in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 06-22-2010, 04:05 AM
- By danghieu in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 05-04-2010, 12:01 PM
- By makpandian in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-14-2009, 11:39 AM
- By Neil in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 09-01-2008, 04:15 PM