Java Application - weird behavior
My Java (Swing) applet started acting weird yesterday morning.
Image explanation Applet:
On the image above, you see two versions of my application (which I can run both as an applet, and as an application in a JFrame). The left version is what I get at start-up. This is the correct setup for my program (even though all content is placeholder). The right version shows the weird behavior that I'm trying to explain to you.
The behavior itself consists of:
- If you move over a component with a *Listener (MouseMotion-, Action-, etc), the 'image' of the component is drawn in the left-upper-corner of the applet/application. This is not where the actual component is.
- If you click one of my buttons, I insert a new page (extended JPanel), which should be at the center of the app, below the buttons. This image also goes to the left-upper-corner of the app.
- When the image is at the left upper-corner, it is not the actual component that is there, since you cannot perform an action on it. In fact, the actual component is in the correct place, because when you move over it, it becomes visible again, exactly where it should be.
- I have the idea that the program is not properly 'wiped' & repainted, however this only happens on my pc (see below).
These are the actions I have taken to solve/check the issue:
- Go back 200 revisions on svn to see if the problem existed there. Yes, it happens 200 revisions back. And no, it did not do this at the time I actually was at that revision. (So something in my system changed!)
- Update java on this pc.
- Ask a friend to also run the program. No, he did not have the issue.
- Run the program on a different pc, java version 6.22. No.
- Run the program on that other pc, java version 6.23 (latest). No. It does not seem to be the new java version.
- Try to reinstall latest java jdk anyway. Removed, reboot, reinstall, reboot. Problem still exists.
- Search google for equal issues. Haven't found one...
- Run virus-scanner & mbam. Nothing.
- Search Windows updates, none found.
- See if other java applications act weird. Yes, some do act weird, screens get black instead of showing the actual content. Others don't. It looks like repaint issues, just like my program.
- Update gfx drivers through Steam.
I'm kind of lost now. The only thing I have in mind is to format and reinstall everything. I always see that as a last resort, as it can take multiple days to reinstall and update all the software & devkits I use.
I'm using Win7 64bit, programming in Eclipse Galileo latest version (but also occurs from .jar), and have a ATI Radeon HD 5800 gc.
Do you have any ideas what more I can update or check to solve this issue?
Note that I dont think a code example is needed here, since I seem to have the only system that experiences this problem.
Thanks for bearing with me (I know it's a lot of info, and very vague...), and I hope you have some good potential solutions.