Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-03-2011, 04:24 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
GUI refresh does not work properly on linux/ubuntu but does on windows
I have developed a robotic simulation using swing/awt libraries. Furthermore, I am using the "observer" design pattern (java.util.Observable) so after doing some computations, the graphical components of a JPanel (i.e., the robot, sonar areas, objects, etc.) are refreshed (by invoking repaint method).
The problem is that when I run the simulation on windows (both XP and vista) everything goes well, but when I run this on ubuntu 8.04 the simulation goes slow, I mean, it seems that there is some problem with GUI refreshing so robot in simulation doesn't look like moving continuously but with some delay. I have measured the time interval between each refreshing invocation, but it is almost the same in both operating systems (roughly 16 miliseconds).
Could anybody help me?
Thanks a lot.
- By hmjsaumya in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2010, 07:28 AM
- By singhkanhaiya in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2009, 05:01 PM
- By Eranga in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 04-08-2009, 05:05 AM
- By bhaskar_e in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 6Last Post: 10-22-2008, 06:05 PM
- By krawetko in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 10-05-2008, 11:06 AM