Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: Swing timers question?
- 12-23-2010, 08:26 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Rep Power
Swing timers question?
okay, so i have a GUI made using swing, and ever 5 seconds or so, i need to update part of the gui from a url. (output.setPage(url))
so i have this running in a timer, the problem is, every time it goes to update, it makes my GUI hang. is there another way to do this that wont make it hang?
- 12-24-2010, 01:24 AM #2
Hang sense it's freeze is it?
Seems to me you've done all in UI thread. Actually you must done UI handle in one thread and backend process in another thread(s).
- 12-24-2010, 05:55 AM #4
Cross-post: java - Scheduled tasks (Timers) in Swing - Stack Overflow
OP: thanks for having us waste our time answering a question that was already answered in a cross-post, and thus ignoring our answers. If you have any consideration for us and others in the other forum, you will next time notify us in advance if you made any cross-posts and provide links to them. If you don't think that this (our free time) is important, than I'd prefer you not post again in this forum.
- 12-25-2010, 12:39 AM #6
- By Psyclone in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 02-02-2010, 10:50 PM
- By Gheta in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 07-29-2009, 09:23 PM
- By killpoppop in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 4Last Post: 03-09-2009, 11:17 PM
- By Samgetsmoney in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 02-20-2009, 07:34 AM
- By Silentstormz in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 4Last Post: 09-21-2008, 03:02 AM