Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: MTookit and XToolkit Problems
- 08-25-2010, 06:08 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Rep Power
MTookit and XToolkit Problems
I am attempting to use a Java application (on a linux host) remotely (with X11), and I'm running into problems. The default XToolkit for AWT/Swing seems to have problems with menu alignment (such as reported here: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) - Cursor click in Netbeans menu pops up wrong menu item).
The "quick" solution was to switch back to using the older MToolkit for AWT, by setting AWT_TOOLKIT=sun.awt.motif.MToolkit ... however this comes with it's own set of problems, namely, after a dialog message pops up, keyboard focus is messed up. The caret seems to work properly in however keyboard events aren't generated/received. According to this: Bug ID: 6465038 On MToolkit, cannot input any character on multi window environment it seems to have been fixed (a while back) but I am still having this same symptoms even with JRE 1.6.0_20.
Anyone running into the same problems, and, better yet, have a fix/solution?
- By Keno777 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-13-2009, 12:35 PM
- By Evil Smurf in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 09-01-2009, 02:17 AM
- By elad_bj in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 04-07-2009, 04:45 AM
- By saytri in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2007, 11:27 PM
- By cecily in forum JDBCReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2007, 06:51 PM