Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: java on mac - gui layout problem
- 06-19-2010, 10:15 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
- Rep Power
java on mac - gui layout problem
I am working on an application that uses a GUI and works well on linux and windows, but there is a problem on mac. The layout of the GUI is not as desired. The main JFrame uses a BorderLayout, and there is a JPanel in the CENTER region, a toolbar in the NORTH region, and a JTabbedPane in the EAST region. The JTabbedPane containes a grid of JButtons (that are layout using a GridLayout). The problem is that the east-pane is too wide on mac. It means that the buttons in the grid within the east-pane are too wide. There is not such a problem on windows and linux. That's why I am not sure what to do to fix the problem.
I tried to put less buttons in one row of the grid (within the east-pane), but the pane is still of the same width and the buttons are even wider. That's why I think that the problem is related to the BorderLayout on mac (although I am not sure).
Does anyone have any idea how the problem can be solved ?
Last edited by dalo; 06-22-2010 at 09:13 AM.
- By Vin in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 5Last Post: 01-19-2010, 10:22 AM
- By ehochedez in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 9Last Post: 09-02-2009, 10:42 AM
- By casid in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 06-02-2009, 11:17 PM
- By nick2price in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 05-27-2008, 09:42 PM
- By lenny in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 07-26-2007, 07:20 PM