Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: General Logic in Swing
- 06-09-2010, 09:27 AM #1
General Logic in Swing
i am hard coding a swing gui, Jframe, mainmenu, toolbar, etc...
my question is whats the logic when navigating through the menus?
example i call a menu on my mainmenu, how can i change the contents below, im asking for the proper structure and advice on how to do it properly, i might be doing it the wrong way.. Thank you.
- 06-11-2010, 06:09 AM #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
- Rep Power
quite strange question but anyway...
you should write JMenu (JFrame) and the functional methods separate.
your menu should just ref for methods it need to activate. It is one way...
You can also write all things together but it is a porrige way and makes debugging as a real headache =)
moreover docs gen is better in sep way ;)
So first plan your structure and then fill it with your code =)If my answer helped you. Please click my "REP" button and add a comment
Have a Good Java Coding :)
- 06-11-2010, 07:23 AM #3
Read the API for JMenu and follow the links to the relevant Swing tutorials from there.
- 06-11-2010, 12:09 PM #4
- By bayan in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 05-26-2010, 11:16 AM
- By mac in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-18-2010, 03:25 PM
- By sAntA199 in forum New To JavaReplies: 23Last Post: 12-04-2009, 10:10 AM
- By sanjeevtarar in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 15Last Post: 05-06-2008, 06:16 AM
- By JavaForums in forum NetBeansReplies: 0Last Post: 08-02-2007, 12:11 PM