Results 1 to 4 of 4
- 06-08-2010, 02:18 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Rep Power
Combobox from plain text file (plain text file database)
I want to develop a kind of very simple database in java:
In my mind, in the GUI there is a combobox, 2 textboxes: Name and Value and 2 buttons : Load and Store.
The idea is that when I press Store, the text from the Name textbox creates a combobox item and at the same time, the name and the value of the combobox goes to a text file. If I press Load, the value which is stored in the textfile is loaded on the textbox.
The idea is to have a very simple database where I can load and store items. Ideally, when the program is crashed, the values of the combobox should be updated with the contents of the text file.
I am starting with this and so far I dont know how to start... First problem I have is that I do not know how to update the textbox with the contents from a file. I am not asking for a code (which of course would be appreciated) so far I ask for the steps to get the solution
- 06-08-2010, 02:24 PM #2
you start with Psudo code and main code and put comments.Wherever if you face problem in working,we will help you out.Ramya:cool:
Have you done basic file I/O without GUI? If so, you're half way to where you want to be.
I think that to better help you, you're going to need to take a stab at your program, and then when/if you stumble, show us your code and your question.
- 06-08-2010, 08:10 PM #4
- By Unsub in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 03-11-2010, 01:13 PM
- By nicedad in forum JDBCReplies: 8Last Post: 11-06-2009, 07:52 AM
- By barney75 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-23-2009, 06:54 PM
- By gezzel in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2008, 04:04 PM
- By vissu007 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 07-07-2007, 02:39 PM