Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 07-22-2009, 10:16 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
- Rep Power
Arial font displays boxes (mapped to Estrangelo Edessa??)
I'd like to display text in Arial and I get boxes.
After investigating this I realize something weird is going on:
Font arial = new Font("Arial", 0, 12);
arial.getFamily() = Estrangelo Edessa (!)
I created a report of all available java font families and apparently Arial doesn't appear there (but Arial Black and other Arial type do).
Has anyone ever seen this problem.
Is there a way to set the java runtime font for already defined fonts? updating fontconfig didn't help.
Do I need to change Windows font configurations (and how)?
- 07-26-2009, 06:11 AM #2
- By aRTx in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 05-11-2009, 05:27 PM
- By JavaInLove in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 5Last Post: 04-25-2009, 09:00 PM
- By lenah in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 12-22-2008, 08:00 PM
- By kriskras in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 1Last Post: 07-19-2008, 10:13 AM
- By Felissa in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 07-01-2007, 03:14 AM