Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 04-26-2009, 06:07 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Rep Power
Need Suggestions on layout management
I am learning Java on my own. I working on swing, and am developing an RPN calculator as an exercise. I coded a working version using netbeans, and am hand coding the GUI in eclipse.
I used the gridbag layout manager in the hand coded version. Both versions look like they were built laid out with crayons. To wit, the buttons are overly large, and if I try to set the size, the labeling text just turn to elipses. This happens for the same minimum size whether I am use a large or small font.
I also don't have quite the control over the layout that I would like, but my current problem is that the GUI looks like it is using buttons designed for a child's playset.
Should I be using a different layout manager. Will I have to hand code the component layout placements and sizes? My immediate concern is reducing the size of the layout, and I am looking for a little direction to short circuit my research.
Can you post a snipped picture of your current app, possibly both versions?
- By jedai in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 0Last Post: 04-26-2009, 04:43 AM
- By mathansj in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 02-15-2009, 04:41 PM
- By PureAwesomeness in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 01-19-2009, 08:34 AM
- By shabbee in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2009, 11:11 PM
- By Andre in forum Forum LobbyReplies: 8Last Post: 11-18-2008, 12:06 AM