Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 12-16-2008, 10:21 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
- Rep Power
Tooltip is causing popups to go behind the main screen, how can I fix this?
I'm facing a tooltip issue at work which I can't seem to reproduce in my stand-alone codes. Basically, I have a panel that contains a table with headlines. When I move the mouse through the headlines, if any popup or window is open on the main application, the tooltip causes it to go behind the app. The tooltip is implemented using the setToolTipText(String str) method in a JTable's renderer, which eventually extends DefaultTableCellRenderer; when I comment out this line, the problem seems to go away, and when I put it back I see the problem happening again. Here's what I've tried so far:
1) Removed setToolTipText() line in the renderer code, and replaced it with getToolTipText(MouseEvent e) in the table class, itself.
2) Removed setToolTipText() line and tried using a JWindow instead in the renderer, where I set the JWindow text to the renderer's value.
I know that it's the tooltip that causes the problem, and the two alternatives produce the same problem, and I don't know what else I should try.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been stuck with this assignment for over a week now and the deadline has passed. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas to offer, I'd very much appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!
- 12-17-2008, 07:41 AM #2
- 12-17-2008, 01:17 PM #3
jGuru: Tooltip is causing popups to go behind the main screen, how can I fix this?
Tooltip is causing popups to go behind the main screen, how can I fix this? - CodeGuru Forums
java.net Forums : Tooltip is causing popups to go behind ...
Wonder why JavaRanch was missed... maybe because they have a stated policy on cross posting.
JavaRanch FAQ : Be Forthright When Cross Posting To Other Sites
- By Jacob Abernathy in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 09-15-2008, 07:35 PM
- By kurt_cobain in forum EclipseReplies: 1Last Post: 06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
- By willemjav in forum Java AppletsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-08-2008, 08:54 PM
- By ekadosh in forum SWT / JFaceReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2008, 08:58 AM
- By Marcus in forum Java AppletsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-04-2007, 08:26 AM