Results 1 to 7 of 7
- 11-11-2008, 04:58 PM #1
I am new to Java. worked with php and MySQL mostly, but now have to learn Java urgently.
Problem im having is this:
I am creating a desktop application that will connect to the internet. User should be able to create and maintain a contacts list, want to know if to work with files(ie new contacts be added to a file) or to do with a database.
Anyone please help out.
- 11-11-2008, 08:11 PM #2
Well there are a few things you could do..
- Store the contact list online, at a remote server (this how AIM does it)
- Store contacts in an XML or Plain text File (Very simple/easy)
- Use a small embedded database like SQLite to read/write to a file
- Or run a full fledged MySQL Server (which seems like overkill, unless you will be managing hundreds of clients on multiple machines)
- 11-12-2008, 07:23 AM #3
The project is for a desktop SMS Sender and i expect there will be a lot of clients. Do i then go for a full fledged MySQL Server? and how do I accomplish that?
Please help out
- 11-12-2008, 07:41 AM #4
You can download and install MySQL Server (for Free) from their homepage. It can be easily run from a linux or windows server.
- 11-12-2008, 10:02 AM #5
- 11-14-2008, 03:31 PM #6
I have a MySQL server installed already, cos i use it to work with php. The problem I have is how to go about it. alredy i got something working, but when i run the class on its own it works well but if i create an object of the class, it does not display the table
- 11-14-2008, 03:33 PM #7
- By jamesfrize in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 03-28-2008, 05:30 PM
- By vineethraj in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 01-18-2008, 12:36 AM
- By sivasayanth in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 01-12-2008, 04:52 AM
- By money123 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
- By creativehacker in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 07-02-2007, 08:10 PM