Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Changing Shared Preferences
- 06-04-2014, 02:24 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- May 2014
- Parksville, BC, Canada
- Rep Power
Changing Shared Preferences
Hello Everyone: I am using the Android PreferenceActivity to update Shared Preferences, and the code I have implemented is based on Preference Fragments. When the Preference Screen is displayed, I want to show the current value of the Preference to be changed, and I am doing this in the Preference Fragment class, using the ListPreference.setSummary method to insert the current value of the Preference into the summary field. This is working well; however, after the user selects a new value and control is passed back to the Preference Screen, I want to be able to update the Summary with the new/selected value.
I hope this makes sense - can anyone advise me on if this is possible and how/where I would do it.
Cheers. . .
Update: OK, I seem to have found the solution - for anyone who is interested, the process is documented here.
Last edited by akn_39; 06-04-2014 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Solved
- By noodle_variation_187-X in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 5Last Post: 04-17-2013, 01:18 PM
- By kiloran in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 01-10-2013, 03:51 PM
- By johnsonjp34 in forum AndroidReplies: 0Last Post: 12-29-2012, 08:23 PM
- By JerryAgin in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 02-29-2012, 11:20 AM
- By ChrisNY in forum NetBeansReplies: 0Last Post: 08-14-2010, 11:09 AM