Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 06-30-2008, 11:50 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- Rep Power
Java Extract PDF data from location XY
Anyone know of any classes that would allow me to input a pdf, convert it into a image format, locate data at XY-XXYY (rectangle) and convert to readable text?
Heres the scenario :
I need to read PDF bills and extract 5 fields worth of information to be inputted into a database. The PDF's can be generated from any application eg : Pastel Accounting. The XY-XXYY locations for the data to be extracted will be called from a database. Any suggestions or help?
I have tried the method of converting to a HTML document and reading the absolute positions but the problem Im having is if a amount is right aligned 1000.00 will have a different XY to 100.00 for example. Aswell because the PDF is a invoice/bill I cant say read the 20th line from the top cause each item will increase the amount of lines so this is unreliable.
- 06-30-2008, 01:31 PM #2To finish sooner, take your own time....
- By MarkWilson in forum NetBeansReplies: 3Last Post: 06-30-2008, 07:37 AM
- By jazz2k8 in forum New To JavaReplies: 31Last Post: 04-18-2008, 10:45 AM
- By TSW1016 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 01-06-2008, 11:03 PM
- By Mr tuition in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 3Last Post: 12-08-2007, 05:17 PM
- By mary in forum Java 2DReplies: 2Last Post: 08-05-2007, 04:02 AM