Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Networking Question
- 08-16-2014, 01:36 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2014
- Rep Power
Hi, I'm rather proficient in creating standalone desktop based java programs.... What i know nothing about is networking multiple programs together..
I've been tasked with creating a program can be installed (or copied) to multiple computers (Slave computers), and have these access the one Database or File on another computer (Master computer).
The program is basically a customer & product & sales database for a mall jewelery shop.
The slave computers would be for entering sales and customer data.
the master computer is in the bosses office and will have a couple advanced, statistics & sales details.
The computer are internet connected, but also connected via LAN.
what I'd like to know is...
1. Whats the best method to achieve this? - Online Database? Shared File? etc.
2. Wheres the best place to learn about this topic? (specifically, how to link the Slave -> Master Computer)
Thanks in advance
- By etiger in forum NetworkingReplies: 2Last Post: 07-17-2011, 08:42 PM
- By PhQ in forum NetworkingReplies: 7Last Post: 07-24-2010, 11:56 PM
- By mr_anderson in forum NetworkingReplies: 1Last Post: 07-11-2010, 09:18 PM
- By Psyclone in forum NetworkingReplies: 1Last Post: 03-06-2010, 01:49 AM
- By JDCAce in forum NetworkingReplies: 7Last Post: 10-10-2008, 08:29 PM