Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: How to convert "Speech to Text "
- 05-17-2014, 08:56 AM #1
How to convert "Speech to Text "
In Java i am trying to convert the "speech to Text", i search and find some idea about "sphinx4" api.
But my problem is unable to convert text while i speaking continues, & we should mention all words in GRAMMAR file..,
I want to convert speech to Text continually like doing in android application, without pre-mention the words in GRAMMAR file..,
My doubt is, Is any available API ? & How to complete my requirement?..,
Can any one guide me please..,- Raj
- 05-17-2014, 09:46 AM #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2014
- Rep Power
Re: How to convert "Speech to Text "
I cannot tell you ready to use code libraries that you could simply use. But the process is always the same:
Simply do a research on the topic. Do not search for ready to use code. Simply grabbing some existing stuff and using it is never a solution!
So in your case: you already found an open source library. Did you research what it is doing exactly? And why they did it? If you understand the algorithms behind then you could think of optimizations. Or maybe you find some better algorithm.
But all this needs a propper research and understanding. And I am quite sure that you even need much more. So maybe you need to get grammar rules of a language or even semantics of words in your solution so you can optimize your results. (it is like ocr software using a spellcheck to check the result or google translator using the search database to see if the translated sentence is a common sentence.)
Right now I doubt that there is any solution without a set of known words. All languages that I learned had of course clear rules but there was always exceptions. It would be possible if the rules about how to speak out a word would be clear but it is not. And additionally you often get words from other languages witch keep some parts of their rules .... But I do not want to say that it is not possible. But I always ask myself: what do you want to do with the result?
- if you want to have text, then you should also include a spell check and such things. So you have a big file with known words again.
- if you want some kind of understanding: now you even need to know about the semantics of all words. But that is also a list of known words.
Even our understanding is based on known words. So our brain cannot work without that, too.
But that is just my limited view on this topic.
- 05-17-2014, 10:08 AM #3
- By klspepper in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 12-07-2012, 08:29 AM
- By Googol in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 10-30-2012, 03:06 PM
- By Cyber Dragon in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 04-25-2009, 04:55 PM
- By nitinb4u in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 02-23-2009, 08:35 AM
- By lse123 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2008, 07:35 AM