Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 04-01-2014, 10:11 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2014
- Rep Power
Adding of RMI Port to Inbound/Outbound rules in Windows 2008 R2 sever
We have a web application server which is using RMI to get data from a remote server. The application server is running on SAP Netweaver platform and on a Windows 2008 R2 server. The remote server is running on Widows 200 NT box.
I would like to know if the RMI port has to be explicitly added to the inbound / outbound rules in the Windows firewall on the Windows 2008 R2 sever. Also, should the same be done on the Windows 2000 box.
As a general question, are the ports used by a Java application restricted by the Windows firewall.
Please provide your inputs.
- By MartinRR in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 09-29-2011, 09:05 PM
- By gixxer05 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-08-2011, 10:31 PM
- By darrens in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2011, 08:51 PM
- By sunnyalex in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2008, 06:13 PM
- By karuna in forum EclipseReplies: 1Last Post: 09-28-2008, 04:29 PM