Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 05-22-2008, 11:53 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Rep Power
Retaining DB values as well as Dynamically generated Values.. Help Needed !
In my application i have a list of records coming from database (DB)
say 'Family members' of an employee
it appears on page like :
sl no. member_name relation Action
1 john son delete
2 marry daughter delete
[Add Another Family Member]
Now we have an option of dynamically adding a row
1 . suppose I add 4 more family members till serial number 6 (2 records are already exists in database )
and then delete any one of records by clicking action delete button for corresponding row , it deletes that entry from database but also all entries that were dynamically added
also gets lost due to page reload .
how to retain the dynamically entered values ??
2 . here comes one more issue , i have a serial number column in database and employee code as PK ,
now the requirement is if any record in middle is deleted , the serial numbers must maintain order .. i.e if record having sl no 3 is deleted
the the subsquent records must be re numbered as 3,4,5 ...
How to renumber the serial numbers ?
Please do help ,
- By a_iyer20 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 04-15-2008, 02:04 PM
- By abhiN in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 2Last Post: 03-29-2008, 11:58 AM
- By abhiN in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2008, 04:21 AM
- By danny000 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2007, 03:12 PM
- By Lagarto in forum JDBCReplies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2007, 04:03 AM