Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 09-07-2013, 09:36 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2013
- Rep Power
How is this private key encription approach?
I am trying to use private key encription to protect the data in my database at my site http://www.stlouisccc.org/ which is host by a provider. However, if is not really safe to save the key on the host machine. I am planning to enter the key through a form on a webpage and save the key in the memory. With this approach, enen if a hacker copies the entire application, the data remains encripted. The drawback is that I have to enter the key everytime the JSP server is restarted for any reason. Is this a bad idea?
Last edited by guser; 09-07-2013 at 09:40 PM.
- By Zigster in forum New To JavaReplies: 16Last Post: 04-27-2012, 05:53 PM
- By mr_anderson in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 06-28-2010, 07:52 AM
- By chamara.rozairo in forum NetworkingReplies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2010, 05:37 AM
- By MarkWilson in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 09-10-2008, 01:52 PM
- By DemoX in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 06-29-2008, 01:34 AM