Results 1 to 11 of 11
- 03-28-2008, 02:38 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- Rep Power
- 04-03-2008, 04:24 AM #2
- 04-03-2008, 05:02 AM #3
- 04-03-2008, 08:21 AM #4
you can OpenOffice.org to read from .doc file, it's better than POI. and open source project.
- 04-03-2008, 08:22 AM #5
- 04-03-2008, 08:28 AM #6
using OpenOffice u can read, write and modify Microsoft Word Document.
- 04-03-2008, 08:38 AM #7
Yes it is. In simple word you can save you open office document to compatible with older versions of .doc. But the reason is most people don't like to use it...
Major reason for that I think is, Microsoft Office are used now in over the years, and people are much familiar with it.
- 04-03-2008, 08:43 AM #8
You are right but what i am saying that OpenOffice.org has some functions and API's that can be used to read,write MS doc file.
use OpenOffice.org just to manipulate .doc file.
- 04-03-2008, 09:00 AM #9
Yep ;) I'm not saying that what you say is wrong. I'm just outlining that why people don't like to use such things. As you say working with open source can be easy. But what the people get familiar with is cut-paste.
- 03-23-2010, 08:37 AM #10Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Rep Power
How to get an Images width,height and current position in .doc file using POI?
Hi to all,
Currently i am working on converting the .doc file to .html file.In this i able to get an text and table contents.But coming to images i am getting some problems like
1) Getting the image position in current document?
2) Getting the width an height of the image?
3) And also the line spacing and line breaks is the problem for text?
I mean for Blank spaces(space,tab,new line ).....are not considering when i am using POI in java.
Please anyone give the solution for these problems......
Thanx in advance..
jettimadhu, please ask your new question in a new thread. Thanks.
- By Oasis13 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 02-01-2008, 01:16 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 01-16-2008, 11:42 AM
- By Thez in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2007, 10:24 PM
- By ramachandran in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 10-24-2007, 08:22 AM
- By techno_brains in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-15-2007, 06:46 PM