Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-20-2008, 12:41 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- Rep Power
TextArea additable and uneditable (copy/past problem)
What I need to do is create TextArea (or JTextArea that right mouse click will show copy/past prompt) or any area that instead of showing chars that you typed will show custom text (i.e. 'a' = 'abc'). I am doing that with keyTyped event. Now the problem is that if I am making the area editable then the chars that I actually typed are also shown. If I am doing the area uneditable than after copying from it I can't past in it.
I can probably ask a different question "how I remove the text area from listening to the keys I type"?
Is there any solution to the problem?
- By Java Tip in forum javax.swingReplies: 0Last Post: 04-16-2008, 11:53 PM
- By loganathan.lakshmanan in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2008, 01:06 AM
- By Soda in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2007, 01:37 PM
- By coco in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2007, 08:46 AM
- By ubuntu in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 4Last Post: 05-12-2007, 10:54 PM