Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 01-16-2012, 03:07 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
- Rep Power
DES Implementation - Plaintext Formatting issue.
Hey! So i've made alot of progress with my DES Implementation, but i've hit a little bit of a snag. The algorithm requires that you work with the binary digits of it, which wasn't apparant to me until I tried to perform substitution with the s boxes and found out that i was using the outer two bits and the inner four bits. So after some updating (massive changing) I have got it working with binary bits. The only issue I have at the moment, is after I XOR the binary bits with the current Key, I'm not ending up with a 6 bit output. I'm effectively just XORing 1 with some value in the key, and I get the sinking feeling that isn't correct. Can anyone help me with this issue.
In more concise terms, I just want to work out why im not getting a 6 bit output when I should be. IF you have any questions, and Im sure you will, please don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to answer.
PS: This isn't for a homework project, but I really wouldn't like the answer just given to me. I've never seen that done on this forum, but I just want to be clear I want to figure this one out for myself, I think I just need a nudge in the right direction. Thanks!
- 01-16-2012, 02:07 PM #2
Re: DES Implementation - Plaintext Formatting issue.why im not getting a 6 bit output
The bit operators don't create extra bits, they can be used to change the values of bits.
- By camickr in forum Suggestions & FeedbackReplies: 21Last Post: 10-08-2011, 05:19 PM
- By DarrylBurke in forum Suggestions & FeedbackReplies: 5Last Post: 10-02-2011, 06:47 PM
- By sat123stud in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2011, 10:00 AM
- By lala in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-21-2010, 11:18 PM
- By aRTx in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 04-19-2010, 07:25 PM