Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Creating a server cache
- 12-05-2011, 10:01 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
- Rep Power
Creating a server cache
I've got a server running that has to load a handful of images per hour. Loading the images isn't very taxing, but depending on the virtual website that loads the image, it must be rescaled to match the intended layout of the website. This is what's taxing on my servers. Every time the image is loaded, it has to be rescaled.
Everything on the server side is currently written in Java, and I wanted to know if Java has tools that will facilitate what I'm trying to do, which is to create a big cache for the most requested 20 GB's of data or so. I'm reading into JNDI now; it seems to have some of the tools I want. But, if I'm just trying to keep a rotating cache of data, would an easier implementation be using SQL or another language.
Any feeback/pointers would be greatly appreciated!
- By jason.3dmagic in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 03-21-2011, 06:55 AM
- By krishforever in forum New To JavaReplies: 25Last Post: 01-11-2011, 02:13 AM
- By krishforever in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-10-2011, 07:28 AM
- By harsha.udupa2008 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-14-2010, 02:56 PM
- By Omarero in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 02-01-2009, 07:31 PM