Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 11-22-2011, 05:19 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Rep Power
SSL: cacerts file not taken into account
I have a question about SSL and the file under java/lib/security/cacerts which contains trusted certificate.
My application has to connect to an SSL server. Until now I was specifying my own keystore to establish this SSL connection.
Now I have to connect to a new SSL server having a new certificate issued with a new root trusted certificate.
I first wanted to add this new root (Verisign) certificate in my application keystore but after I was thinking about adding it in java/lib/security/cacerts to make it available to any other java application.
After testing, it seems that if I provide a local keystore to my application, the global java keystore java/lib/security/cacerts is not taken into account.
This means that if I only add the new certificate in my java/lib/security/cacerts I cannot connect.
If I want to connect I have to add the new certificate in my local keystore.
I though that the global java keystore java/lib/security/cacerts was always taken into account.
Is that normal? I cannot find any description about that on internet.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
- By jDennis79 in forum Suggestions & FeedbackReplies: 1Last Post: 12-04-2011, 09:28 PM
- By HPcompaq256 in forum New To JavaReplies: 11Last Post: 02-26-2010, 09:05 PM
- By vividcooper in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:43 PM
- By ServletEst in forum Java ServletReplies: 3Last Post: 08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
- By nihongbin in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 3Last Post: 12-10-2008, 05:05 AM