Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 11-01-2011, 12:13 AM #1
How to associate a file type and set the file icon from within a java program
I've been searching many different places for an answer to these questions but have not found a definitive answer yet.
I have a java program which I distribute to end users. It has it's own file type when files are saved from within the program and the program has its own icon. What I would like to do is automatically associate files of its type with its .exe (for windows) or with it .jar file for macs. I would also like it to set the file icon displayed with the file. Is there a way to do this? If not from within a java program, how can I make this task easy for the user?
- By justbeller in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 6Last Post: 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM
- By VanGo in forum NetBeansReplies: 4Last Post: 01-20-2011, 12:07 AM
- By smn in forum SWT / JFaceReplies: 18Last Post: 10-06-2010, 04:55 PM
- By nidhi c in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 1Last Post: 09-27-2009, 02:21 AM
- By itmani2020 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 10Last Post: 07-11-2008, 09:57 AM