Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 08-17-2011, 07:20 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Rep Power
Lightweight Java Game Library OpenGL tutorial
I just recently downloaded lwjgl and have been searching all over the place for a good, up to date tutorial that completely, and clrearly explains how to use the OpenGl library. So far, i have failed to find any good tutorials. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Also, why does there seem to be a difference between JOGL and OpenGL. I thought they were the same thing. But people seem to be using different ways of approaching it as if they are 2 completely separate APIs.
- 08-18-2011, 09:06 AM #2
OpenGL is an API that is implemented in native code on whatever OS you're running. In order for Java to use native APIs, it needs to wrap those APIs in JNI (Java Native Interface) code that the JVM knows how to work with. That's what JOGL does.Get in the habit of using standard Java naming conventions!
- By Igbear in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 05-07-2011, 08:51 PM
- By mm-kk in forum AndroidReplies: 0Last Post: 03-20-2011, 04:00 PM
- By mm-kk in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 0Last Post: 03-20-2011, 03:54 PM
- By JamesEdu in forum Reviews / AdvertisingReplies: 0Last Post: 11-23-2009, 11:46 AM