Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Junk character
- 07-29-2011, 12:35 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Rep Power
Hello everybody, I have a problem displaying special characters ,i.e the accented characters like ligature left half, ligature right half, grave accent etc. When these characters are written to an IMAGE they appear as junk characters or say like square boxes.
By setting the font with "Arial Unicode MS" font , its coming correctly. But I need to use a font called 'Minion', which currently its not coming correctly.
do we need to use any additional encoding along with Minion font?/ any option which would give correct results with Minion font.
Any response is greatly appreciated.
- 07-29-2011, 12:40 PM #2
Never heard of Minion font, but if it doesn't have the glyphs for those characters you won't be able to display them.
To know whether the font is capable of displaying the characters, use Font#canDisplayUpTo(...)
- 07-29-2011, 12:43 PM #3
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minion_(typeface)
Minion Expert is a separate font package that include fonts containing small caps, ligatures, old style figures, and swash glyphs.
- By GaBuG in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 12-31-2010, 01:04 AM
- By lotiman2003 in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 0Last Post: 09-21-2010, 10:48 AM
- By blackstormattack in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-16-2009, 11:36 AM
- By jlgraham in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 06-29-2008, 09:04 AM
- By bugger in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-09-2007, 08:54 PM