Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: blas and wavelets packages
- 07-20-2011, 09:22 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Rep Power
blas and wavelets packages
I'd be very happy to get some expert advise on high performance computing with Java. *hope*
There are some mathematical packages around, eg, javanumerics, Apache Commons, fortran2java and netlib blas.
So I wonder whether anybody has experience with any of these packages and would like to share it with me.
What it is about:
I want to start being self-employed doing data analysis and I need to have a program which handles high amounts of data (10.000 rows, 1.000 Elements each, double precision floating point values) and does some interesting calculation (wavelet-transformation, calculating crosscorrelations, treating it as LGS and solving it) - plus it should have a nice looking GUI and it's supposed to run on different platforms so I can use it on different computers, show it to the client or sell it in a very distant future version. Anyway, I have a low budget so I will need to write the program myself.
Up to recently I'd have said Java is perfect but for its performance. So I wanted to use Java and include the GNU Scientif Library (GSL) which is written in C to do the calculations. GSL is available on quite a range of platforms. But passing data between C routines and Java is annoying and needs a lot of very carefull programming work to keep the data consistant. The I found these packages on the net.
Are they or ??
I'm lookin forward to your oppinion and experience.
- By Vardiane in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 04-22-2011, 05:53 AM
- By urbim in forum EclipseReplies: 2Last Post: 07-02-2009, 03:01 PM
- By Nicholas Jordan in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-10-2009, 07:50 AM
- By sta2003 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 02-12-2008, 12:03 PM
- By ai_2007 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2007, 01:10 PM