Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 07-04-2011, 12:35 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Rep Power
JNI + .NET Plugin System = FAILURE
Hello all, I'm new here and first of all I'd like to apologize if this is in the wrong section; seems like an advanced topic to me.
I'm attempting a plugin/script system for the game Minecraft, that will allow users to code addons in their favorite .NET language. I've gotten the JNI interface communicating with the managed C++/CLI dll and vice versa, everything works great until I attempt to load the .NET assembly via the managed dll. Since java needs each referenced dll to be loaded using System.load or System.loadLibrary, whether it's used by java or an additional dll, it seems imposible to perform this task.
When the managed dll attempts to load a .NET assembly, it gets each type referenced in the assembly and loads it as needed; the problem is that it can't access the managed dll-which is used as a reference in the .NET assembly-because it's already loaded by the JVM. It needs to get all the types in the .NET assembly to determine if it's a valid plugin/script.
Is there any way around this or is this a lost cause from the start? If more info is needed please let me know. Thanks.
- By Jodokus in forum Java AppletsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-30-2011, 05:58 PM
- By minty115 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 03-01-2011, 05:07 AM
- By xiajun_80 in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 12-16-2010, 11:14 AM
- By bubbless in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 03-26-2009, 06:14 AM
- By JavaForums in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2007, 01:28 PM