Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: scaing a BigDecimal to float
- 05-20-2011, 09:34 PM #1
- 05-20-2011, 11:56 PM #2
Did I go into all that trouble just to let you convert it back to a float? :confused:
square rooting a BigDecimalNo bug ever had to calculate its fitnessfunction.
- 05-21-2011, 09:32 AM #3
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- Voorschoten, the Netherlands
- Blog Entries
cenosillicaphobia: the fear for an empty beer glass
- Rep Power
- 05-21-2011, 10:22 PM #4
- 05-21-2011, 10:49 PM #5
Thank you. Don't be bothered by my grumbling. I liked the subject.
(See the other tread...)No bug ever had to calculate its fitnessfunction.
Don't use float when you can use double since double is much more precise than float without hardly any more overhead (BigDecimal on the other hand has a much larger overhead than either double or float). The only exception that I can think of is with core methods or classes that require float, such as when working with Stroke.
- By ryanmk54 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 05-16-2011, 06:23 PM
- By ellhar in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 03-23-2011, 11:19 AM
- By jon80 in forum New To JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 11-28-2010, 12:15 PM
- By doymand in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 10-30-2010, 09:25 AM
- By orchid in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 08-12-2008, 01:44 PM