Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 04-30-2011, 08:29 PM #1
need fast image processing technique
I am developing a jave desktop application in a netbeans 6.9.1 mac OS X Intel environment. I need to process 1000 or more images at a time from local files with a pixel size of 1080 x 1080 or more. Typically in tiff format. My app is working fine however it is too slow. It is taking approximately 3 to 4 minutes to extract one row of pixels from each of about 1080 tiff images that are 1920x1080 pixels. I have no experience with jai but was told that is the way to go. My algorithm is basically getting the image from the file using JAI.create and then iterating through a loop height (1080) times extracting one pixel at a time using the getRGB method.
I will post the code if that will help but what I'm really looking for is advice from an image processing guru on the fastest algorithm to do the job. I have considered parsing the file manually but that requires knowledge of the various image formats which opens up another can of worms.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by madroadbiker; 05-01-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: No responses
- By rohankapoor in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 03-01-2011, 07:35 AM
- By sunithamm in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 12-30-2010, 12:46 PM
- By syarizma in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 08-17-2009, 06:15 AM
- By Josh_FL in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 12-30-2008, 03:45 AM
- By sathish natrajan in forum Java 2DReplies: 2Last Post: 11-06-2008, 06:13 PM