Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Crypto puzzle
- 02-26-2011, 10:23 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Rep Power
This is slightly OT.
I am involved with a programming competition for students (up to 14 yo). One idea for the competition was to have the students compete to crack a cipher of some description.
The problem needs to be difficult enough to challenge a reasonably able programmer of that sort of age. A simple substitution cipher would be enough. It also has to be easy enough that they can actually achieve it!
Finally it needs to be a problem which requires, or strongly encourages, the competitors to write code to solve it.
- By vinayak.top in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 02-25-2011, 10:11 AM
- By anoopasta in forum XMLReplies: 0Last Post: 05-15-2010, 10:26 AM
- By Bill86 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-18-2009, 10:17 PM
- By jevans in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2008, 05:36 PM
- By Dhiraj.karalkar in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 2Last Post: 07-13-2008, 06:46 PM