Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Navin Israni is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy Help with document summarizer in WordNet

    Hello everyone, i an new member in this forum..a final year engg student..my project in final year is Document Based Summarizer using WordNet..which I am developing using Eclipse..

    up until now i am very confused on WHERE to start..??? i have downloaded JWNL and integrated for us in Eclipse..I want to using Swings for the UI...but havent yet started with it..also, i have NO CLUE about how to work with WordNet and all..

    i would request anyone where who is an expert with NLP in Java to help me out..its a cry for help..coz I dont have much time..

  2. #2
    JosAH's Avatar
    JosAH is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Voorschoten, the Netherlands
    Posts
    13,762
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Israni View Post
    Hello everyone, i an new member in this forum..a final year engg student..my project in final year is Document Based Summarizer using WordNet..which I am developing using Eclipse..

    up until now i am very confused on WHERE to start..??? i have downloaded JWNL and integrated for us in Eclipse..I want to using Swings for the UI...but havent yet started with it..also, i have NO CLUE about how to work with WordNet and all..

    i would request anyone where who is an expert with NLP in Java to help me out..its a cry for help..coz I dont have much time..
    If you don't have much time and you don't have any clue at all I'd say it's impossible to develop a natural language parsing/processing tool at all.

    kind regards,

    Jos
    cenosillicaphobia: the fear for an empty beer glass

  3. #3
    Navin Israni is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    plz dont discourage me like this yaar...i have come here for guidance of some sort..i dotn have time..means i dont have 3-4 months..max 45 days, i what i have..i know if i wor hard and devote some time..it is possible to develop my project..

  4. #4
    NRitH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Israni View Post
    plz dont discourage me like this yaar...i have come here for guidance of some sort..i dotn have time..means i dont have 3-4 months..max 45 days, i what i have..i know if i wor hard and devote some time..it is possible to develop my project..
    I'm a full-time NLP sw engineer who's worked with WordNet and many other tools, and 45 days is not enough to come up with any summarized of much value, especially if you're totally unfamiliar with how to do so.

  5. #5
    Navin Israni is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @nrith thanks for replying with at least some hope...i dont need a summarizer with great value..i just need to build a working summarizer..with sufficient enough level..not too high value...it should work, generate a summary, that is my first requirement...can u help me where to start?? plz??

  6. #6
    NRitH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Israni View Post
    @nrith thanks for replying with at least some hope...i dont need a summarizer with great value..i just need to build a working summarizer..with sufficient enough level..not too high value...it should work, generate a summary, that is my first requirement...can u help me where to start?? plz??
    Ugh. This is all I'm going to tell you.

    WordNet is a lookup tool. Pass in a word, and you'll get back synonyms and antonyms. The JWNL docs are SourceForge.net: Developer's Cookbook; - jwordnet I suggest you start there.

    I'm not entirely sure how WN will help you write a summarizer, or, to put it another way, it may be useful, but not as the primary tool for generating summaries.

  7. #7
    Navin Israni is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    thx for this link..i do have an algorithm..which uses wordnet to extract a subgraph of synsets from wordnet..these synsets are ranked usinng a technique..which i forogt..but i do have the document of algorithm..then a 2D matrix is prepared for synsets vs. sentences..which says whatynset is closer to wich sentence..den we use PCA (principle component analysis) to extract most important sentences for the summary...so wordnet is not entriely for summarization..it is just for "domain extraction"..

    see this link for the algo Generic Text Summarization using WordNet

  8. #8
    NRitH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    That's actually a good plan.

  9. #9
    er.raj is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Help with document summarizer in WordNet

    You can check out this blog for help although it does not contain instructions on using WordNet yet.

Similar Threads

  1. java wordnet
    By lavanya2290 in forum New To Java
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 03:33 PM
  2. Connection to WordNet with JWNL
    By marlborino in forum New To Java
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
  3. Building a document from a DOM
    By Java Tip in forum Java Tip
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 10:22 AM
  4. Need help with Document interface
    By cbalu in forum AWT / Swing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 12:03 AM
  5. add a xml document
    By Jack in forum XML
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 10:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •