Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: zip file opeartion
- 11-12-2007, 07:22 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Rep Power
zip file opeartion
Hi all, I have a large collection of zip files (about 400), each file contains 300 plaint texts. If I unzip all the files, these will take up too much space (about 4G). So I am wondering if there are some method that can access the content in the plain text files without unzipping all the zip files.
For example, read the content to a String variable. Anyone knows, please give me a hand.
- 11-12-2007, 07:32 PM #2
All you need is java.util.zip package. Read following resources. You will need to list contents of a zip file and extract only the files you need..
java.util.zip (Java 2 Platform SE v1.4.2)
java.util.zip Examples from The Java Developers Almanac 1.4
- By aNNuur in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 03-25-2010, 05:01 PM
- By ganeshp in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 04-07-2009, 06:25 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
- By javadeveloper in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 11-09-2007, 05:22 PM
- By RamaDeviMsc in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2007, 02:28 PM