Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: jList again
- 01-05-2011, 01:25 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
Hey, I'm new here (just found out it existed) and have gone through several posts already about adding to jList. Coming from a Microsoft background and being able to easily add items to a listbox in VB, this is a little foreign to me.
What I want to do is to use NetBeans to create a GUI application where I can generate lottery numbers, then add them to the list. The user will choose whether they want 1 pick or many. I think I can handle the number generation part, I just want to add them to the jList once they are generated. I keep seeing reference to a listener, a model and such, but am not yet able to figure out how to do this. The jList already exists on my form, but even with the code completion I can't seem to figure out how to do it!
Will I need to add another class for this? I know I'll use one to do the number generation and the random stuff, along with sorting and all, but I need to figure out how to use the model and such to add to this existing jList. Any help?
- By mib1bee in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 1Last Post: 12-31-2010, 08:10 PM
- By mib1bee in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2010, 07:35 PM
- By mib1bee in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2010, 07:24 PM
- By pinks_70986 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2009, 09:36 AM
- By hungleon88 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 08-30-2008, 09:24 PM