Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 12-16-2010, 06:19 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Rep Power
Listen MidiMessage from MIDI IN (Transmitter)
I'm trying to get MidiMessage, or any object for get Note On events, from an Sound Interface Midi In.
Ok, the device is loaded, and also Receiver and Transmitter(Midi In port). But I have no idea how to listen or read the midi messages indicating a note has been played.
It's strange that Package javax.sound.midi hasn't MessageEventListener method or similar. I've been looking for and find this on a book ...
" A bug, actually, that won't let us listen for the MIDI events we're making (the ones for NOTE ON ) "(see reference)
I can't believe it's impossible to create an EventListener for Note On events from MIDI input. Does anyone's have some experience on this ???
Edit: reference: Page 387
- By LennyKosmos in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-25-2010, 05:12 PM
- By gisler in forum NetworkingReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2009, 02:57 AM
- By matzahboy in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 5Last Post: 10-13-2009, 04:15 PM
- By sh4dyPT in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 5Last Post: 07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
- By pjr5043 in forum New To JavaReplies: 17Last Post: 09-29-2008, 03:37 AM