Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: AudioSound into a buffer
- 12-13-2010, 01:03 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- Rep Power
AudioSound into a buffer
Hello. I'm trying to combine various WAV files as they're being playing into my application. Basically all I'm trying to do is when I click on a JButton it plays a WAV file, and when I click on another JButton it plays different WAV file. I've got about 10 of these JButtons, all with different WAV file attached to them.
When I click on the record button every sound that I play gets merged with the next sound i.e WAV1 + WAV2 + WAV3 + WAV4 = COMBINED.wav.
How I understand that I will need to calculate the frame size of each WAV file and store that within the header of the COMBINED.wav file.
I'm not too sure HOW I will go about doing this. I thought of having a buffer to store the wav files as they're being playing, and calculating their sizes just before they're being stored into the buffer, and when I click stop record, saving the contents of the buffer into a WAV file.
Does anyone have any ideas which buffer I could use, or what?
- By babs2010 in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 04-08-2010, 05:24 PM
- By bert682 in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 0Last Post: 11-27-2009, 09:26 AM
- By leejava in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
- By QPRocky in forum NetworkingReplies: 2Last Post: 02-02-2009, 03:54 PM
- By oregon in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2007, 03:16 AM