Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 11-02-2007, 12:29 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Rep Power
Joining two 2D Arrays over a common column
I have two 2D arrays, both of type String which I would like to join together. However, the catch is that I want to match up a column in each. For example;
A | B | C
D | E | F
F | A | B
C | D | E
When joining the two arrays on column 3 of (1) and 1 of (2), the result should be,
A | B | C | D | E
D | E | F | A | B
Does anyone know of an efficient way to do this?
Here is a bit of background info if you're interested. I have taken an XML file with all of Apples iTunes track information and stored in a 2D array in java. One of the columns in this array gives the location on the hard disk of each track.
I also have implemented some music information retrieval techniques to get coordinates of similarity between the songs and I have stored these along with their location in another 2D array in java.
So basically I have two 2D arrays, both of which have a column with the location of the file (which is the only way I could link the two sets of data up). I need to therefore match each tracks iTunes information with it's music properties.
- By daredavil82 in forum New To JavaReplies: 13Last Post: 09-22-2011, 07:10 PM
- By Gajesh Tripathi in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 04-13-2008, 03:26 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2007, 12:17 PM
- By trill in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2007, 08:35 AM
- By Alan in forum JCreatorReplies: 1Last Post: 05-28-2007, 05:51 AM