Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 10-30-2010, 11:21 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2010
- Rep Power
Something Like FileSystem Listener
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I am happy to be here.
I want to develop an application. In which application should have a database with a list of files. For example, if you have a folder/home/username/Music/ I want to create a list of all mp3 files in this directories (and subdirectories). My question is if there is an effective way to keep the database synchronized with the file system, or the only way is to periodically scan the specific file system and create the database from the beginning?
- 10-30-2010, 06:23 PM #2
The file system listener mechanisms is largely system and operating system dependent. Usually within (e.g. a given Linux distribution) there are even many different facilities that attempt to achieve the same function of notifying something on change of a file resource.
It might be easier (and more portable) to just scan the folder initially and periodically or manually to update it.
- By bharani in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 4Last Post: 10-31-2009, 07:02 AM
- By teckno101 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 09-29-2009, 09:40 PM
- By Pmarcoen in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 2Last Post: 08-31-2009, 11:00 AM
- By adeeb in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 06-20-2008, 11:07 PM
- By adeeb in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 06-10-2008, 02:00 AM